What causes kidney disease and cancer infection?
Kidney disease can have various causes, including cancer and infection. Kidney cancer, also known as renal cell carcinoma, is a type of cancer that originates in the kidneys. Infections, such as kidney infections (pyelonephritis), can also contribute to kidney disease. They also help in maintaining the ph. salt, and potassium levels in the body. Your kidney produces hormones that manage your blood pressure and control the body’s building of red blood cells. Your kidneys activate a form of Vitamin D that helps your body to absorb calcium.
Kidney disease is becoming prevalent in adults and now even in children. It affected approximately 26 million American adults. Kidney disorder occurs when they get damaged and are unable to perform their function. The long term or chronic kidney problem leads to health issues like nerve damage, weak bones, and malnutrition. If the disease gets worse with time, it may even stop working. But now, there are various treatments for chronic kidney disease like dialysis. It filters the impurities of the blood using the machine. Dialysis does not cure the disease but increases your life expectancy.
Symptoms of kidney disease
You may notice symptoms late if the damage in the kidney is slow. Unpleasant functioning of kidneys buildup the body waste or electrolyte problem that results in a situation like
- muscle cramps
- itchy skin
- problem in urination
- high blood pressure
- shortness of breath
- swelling in body
Signs of kidney disease are not specific, which means they can occur due to other illnesses. You do not have these symptoms until damage in the kidney is worse. If you notice these symptoms, immediately consult your doctor; kidney problems initially result in easy recovery.
What causes kidney diseases?
The main reasons for kidney disease are diabetes and high blood pressure. They are the primary cause of most cases. Diabetes occurs when the sugar level in the body increases, resulting in the damage of many organs, including the heart and kidney. High pressure occurs due to the rise in force against the wall of the blood vessels. Other causes of kidney problems are-
- Glomerulonephritis is a group of diseases that cause damage to the filtering unit of kidneys. they are the third most common cause of kidney problems
- Malformations mainly occur when a baby develops in the mother’s womb, like narrowing, which results in an abnormal flow of urine or backflow of the urine to the kidney.
- Other diseases affect the immune system of the body, like lupus.
- Recurring urinary infection
- problems like tumors, kidney stones, or enlargement of the prostate gland in men.
What is third-stage kidney disease?
Stage three of chronic kidney disease occurs when the rate of glomerulonephritis falls between 30 to 59. It indicated moderate damage or loss in the function of the kidney. Stage 3 kidney disease is divided into two sub-stages
- Stage 3a with eGFR of 45 to 59 and
- Step 3b with eGFR 30 to 44
Visit your doctor immediately when you notice any change in the value or notice any symptoms.
Symptoms of third-stage kidney disease
The possible symptoms of stage three kidney disease are
- swelling in hands and feet
- skin irritation
- dry skin
- change in urination
- cramps in muscles
- back pain
If you experience these symptoms or your eGFR is in the 30 to 40 range, consult a nephrologist immediately.
What is the life expectancy for stage 3 kidney disease?
According to a study, the mortality rate of stage 3 kidney disease is from 6% in 3 years to 51 % in 10 years, while the life expectancy rate is more than 10 years. It is found that the mortality rate of stage 3b kidney disease is higher than stage 3a.
How to reverse kidney disease naturally?
Kidney infection can cause severe illness that damages the kidney, so the person needs medication to cure the condition. Kidney diseases are the most common disease found in human adults. But you don’t need to worry much, simple home remedies can reverse your kidney disease naturally. You can use natural home remedies to reduce the risk of damage and support recovery from further damage. But before starting any home remedy, consult your nephrologist to make sure that these home remedies do not interfere with your medication. Some of the natural home remedies are self-care tips are-
- Drinking cranberry juice is a good idea for a healthy kidney. Studies say that cranberry reduces the bacteria count in the urinary tract. The acids present in cranberry juice like citric, quince, and malic acid protect your urinary tract.
- Green tea extracts are the most effective way to reduce the risk of kidney infection.
- It is necessary to flush out the bacteria present in the kidney when a person is dealing with kidney disease. Drink almost 6 to 8 liters of water in a day. But if the kidney is already damaged, you are advised to decrease the quantity of water or follow an expert’s advice.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and caffeine. Your kidneys play an important role in flushing out the toxins from your body. Drinking alcohol and coffee increases the work of your kidneys. It can slow the healing of the infection.
What is the creatinine level of stage 3 kidney disease
The cutoff value of creatinine serum in a person diagnosed with stage 3 of kidney disease is 0.1mg/dl for women and 1.3 mg/dl for men. This value is mostly found in 80% of older people.